Born in Philadelphia, Simeon M. Yerkes established himself as an architect in Reading, where he joined the prestigious office of Frederick A. Muhlenberg
as a designer in 1915. By 1930 the office name had changed to Muhlenberg, Yerkes & Muhlenberg
when Yerkes was accepted as a full partner.
He gained AIA membership in 1945 and transferred from the Philadelphia Chapter, AIA, to the Eastern Pennsylvania Chapter in 1958.