(Penelope H. Batcheler, 4/1964)
Penelope H. Batcheler Collection, Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Local ID #: 91.1.150.01
> View more images [12 total]
- Building Type: fire station, market, headhouse; historic district
- S 2ND ST (below Pine St.)
> Search near this location
> View location in
Headhouse Square, South Fountain
Historic Registrations and Surveys
- HABS (Historic American Building Survey): PA-1351
- National Register: 66000686 (11/13/1966)
- National Register: 72001158 (6/19/1972)
National Historic Landmark
Philadelphia Register of Historic Places
-- 04/30/1957; 03/10/1999
Headhouse served as a fire station for Fellowship Engine Co. No. 29 and Hope Hose Co. No. 6
Links to Other Databases
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2015 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2015 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.