Project

Also known as: The Church of St. Luke and The Epiphany
Overview Chronology References Architects Images Maps
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS

Project Chronology

1839
COMPETITION
1st Place: Stewart, Thomas Somerville (1806-1889)
Competitor: Notman, John (1810-1865)
Competitor: Strickland, William (1788 - 1854)
1839-1840
BUILT
Architect: Stewart, Thomas Somerville (1806-1889)
1869
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS
Architect: Burns, Charles Marquedent (1838-1922)
1891
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Addition to south rear corner

1898
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Interior alterations

Architect: Burns, Charles Marquedent (1838-1922)
1899
BUILT
Architect: Fielding, Mantle, Jr. (1865 - 1941)
1906
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Vestibule enlarged, new front doors and windows added, new furnishings for chancel

George M. Newhall Engineering Co., Ltd. (fl. ca. 1890- 1915) (Engineers)
Architect: Eyre, Wilson, Jr. (1858-1944)
1925
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Second story organ loft added to north corner

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2014 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2014 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.