Project

Also known as: Philadelphia Opera House; Philadelphia Evangelistic Center (1955)
Overview Chronology References Architects Images Maps
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS

Project Chronology

1908
BUILT
Morrow, John (Superintendent of Construction)
Phoenix Iron Co. (Steel Contractor)
Weichmann, Harry (Superintendent of Construction)
Architect: McElfatrick, William H. (1854 - 1922)
1908
BUILT

source: PHMC

1939
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Converted to basketball court

1943
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Converted to ballroom

1948
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Converted for use as a church, school, and stores

1975
ADDITIONS/ALTERATIONS

Automatic Fire Alarm Installed

Architect: Bruner, Van B.

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2014 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2014 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.