E. Allen Wilson appears in the Philadelphia city directories from 1895 to 1929. He is noted as a draftsman in 1895 and by 1896 has recorded independent projects with the Philadelphia Real Estate Records and Builders' Guide. Residential development appears to have been his chief enterprise, with thousands of houses attributed to him in the PRERBG. However, Wilson also was responsible for alterations to the American Bank at Broad Street and Passyunk Avenue (1908) and a moving picture theatre for the Colonial Amusement Company at 1420 Point Breeze Avenue (1911). In the latter years of his career Wilson branched out into office buildings (for Joseph K. Marshall, 5219-21 Chestnut Street, 1920), factories (for Bayuk Brothers, Trenton, NJ, 1920), and apartment houses (for R. H. Pugh, 64th Street & Drexel Road, 1930).
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2017 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2017 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.