Boston church design specialist Charles D. Maginnis was born in Londonderry, England, and was trained at the South Kensington Museum School of Art in London. In 1885 he moved to the United States, settling in Boston, and finding employment with William P. Wentworth. By 1888 he had joined the office of Edmund M. Wheelwright and remained there for some 10 years. In 1898 he launched Maginnis, Walsh & Sullivan, which became Maginnis & Walsh in 1908. A regular contributor to many periodicals addressing church design, Maginnis was chiefly associated with Roman Catholic design; however, he did contribute designs for other types of churches.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.