Born in Carlinville, IL, William A. Boring attended a number of schools in pursuit of his architectural education, including the University of Illinois, Columbia University, and the Ecole des Beaux-Arts. By 1890 Boring had returned to the United States and to a short stint with McKim, Mead & White. Soon, however, he established a partnership with Edward L. Tilton (Tilton & Boring).
Beginning in 1915 Boring was a professor at Columbia University, becoming the School of Architecture's first dean in 1931.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Ecole des Beaux-Arts
- American Academy in Rome
- Columbia University
- University of Illinois
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.