Wolfgang Rapp was born in Essen, Germany, and emigrated before World War II. He served in the Corps of Engineers between 1943 and 1945. After the war, he entered Columbia University's school of architecture, where he earned a B. Arch. in 1951, and won the Lowenfish prize his final year. In 1954, he joined the office of T. Norman Mansell as a designer. Rapp was probably made an associate in 1957, the year he joined the national AIA. In 1955, two other members of the firm, Frank McGettigan and Edwin Lindsay Fugate III, had been made Mansell's partners. Rapp was named a partner in Mansell, McGettigan, Fugate & Rapp in 1959. In 1961, Rapp left to open an independent practice in Jenkintown, PA.
Emily T. Cooperman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.