In 1936 when H. Bartol Register withdrew from the thriving firm of Tilden, Register & Pepper, he left partners George Wharton Pepper, Jr. and Marmaduke Tilden to continue as Tilden & Pepper. This firm lasted until Pepper announced his withdrawal in 1940.
Tilden & Pepper continued to design the office and commercial properties that had become part of the repertoire of the firm after Pepper joined the partners in 1926, but they did not relinquish the residential and school commissions which were still the backbone of many Philadelphia firms.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.