Lackman & Murphy maintained an office in the Witherspoon Building from 1911 to 1917 and then moved to the Drexel Building. Much of their work was based on Protestant church commissions, with a liberal representation of other, more general projects, such as stores, banks, and residences. Although the partners maintained an office in Philadelphia, a considerable part of their work was located in Pottstown, PA. After Lackman disappears from the Philadelphia city directories following the 1925 issue, Murphy continued his office by establishing Murphy & Talley.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.