When Frank E. Hahn withdrew from the Sauer & Hahn partnership, Andrew J. Sauer, who had been in practice since 1900, established A. J. Sauer & Co. This firm continued in operation into the 1940s, with its efforts directed toward the industrial and commercial sites already associated with Sauer, as well as the theaters which had distinguished his earlier work. By the 1920s Sauer's firm was associated with work for the National Farm School in Doylestown, PA, and it designed the Palace of Fashion for the Sesquicentennial Exposition of 1926.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.