LeRoy B. Rothschild was born in Philadelphia to Meyer and Millie (Berman) Rothschild. He graduated from the William Penn Charter School in 1904 and then briefly worked for Price & McLanahan (1905) and Henry L. Reinhold (1906). He then established a short-lived partnership with Carl Zilenziger from 1907 to 1908 and, upon the dissolution of this office, entered the University of Pennsylvania, where he received his B.S. in Architecture in 1910. Before graduation, Rothschild spent the summer of 1909 traveling in Europe.
Rothschild specialized in commercial buildings, designing the Sylvania Hotel (1922) at Juniper and Locust streets and office buildings at 1600 Walnut Street and at 1700 Walnut Street in Philadelphia.
He served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Jewish Convalescent Home at Willow Grove, PA.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.