Established when older architect Edward P. Simon invited the the Pratt Institute graduate Lyle F. Boulware to join him in Philadelphia, the office of Simon & Boulware continued after Simon's death in 1949, producing a mixture of industrial, commercial, and academic buildings. Representing the engineering side of the firm was Thomas J. McCormick. Other members of the firm included architects Andrew E. Egeressy and Charles W. Pollitt.
Chief among works credited to Simon & Boulware are: the 1948-49 alterations to the Reading Terminal at 12th and Market streets in Philadelphia; the 1950 Library at LaSalle College; and the Solomon Solis-Cohen Elementary School in Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.