Henry W. Wilson, trained as a civil engineer, was the brother of Joseph and John A. Wilson. He joined the firm of Wilson Bros. & Co. as a full partner in 1888. He had qraduated from the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 1864 and then embarked on 10 years of employment as an engineer for several railroad companies, including the Pennsylvania Railroad and the West Pennsylvania Railroad. In 1876 when Wilson Bros. was organized, he became a junior partner in the firm, later attaining full partnership. After his older brother Joseph's death in 1902, Henry Wilson continued the firm under the name Wilson, Harris & Richards, along with John McArthur Harris and Howard S. Richards. In 1910 he withdrew from this firm, but it continued under the aegis of the other two partners.
Henry W. Wilson was a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- Rensselaer Poltechnic Institute
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2017 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2017 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.