Biography

ARCHITECT
Biography Projects Biographical References Related Architects printer-friendly version  
PHILADELPHIA ARCHITECTS AND BUILDINGS
SEARCH
OUR PARTNERS

Bart Tourison first appears in the Philadelphia city directories as George B. Tourison, architect, in 1906 through 1908. During that time no office address is given for him, but he resides at 32 East Sedgwick Street in Germantown, the same address as that given for builder/carpenter Ashton S. Tourison, leading to the speculation that he may have been the son of Ashton Tourison. In 1909-10 George B. is transformed to Bart Tourison, who notes an office at 7014 Boyer Street, again the same as that for Ashton S. Tourison. In 1911 no office address is given, but in 1912 his office is reported as being in the Land Title Building, where he remains through 1922, thereafter reverting to omiting the office address. It is notable that Bart Tourison completed considerable design work for Sedgwick Farms, for which Ashton S. Tourison served as President.

Written by Sandra L. Tatman.

 

Philadelphia Architects and Buildings | About | Participating Institutions | Feedback | Search | Login
Website and System: Copyright © 2024 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2024 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.