Beginning in 1922 with an association between senior architect Frank R. Watson and the younger George E. Edkins and William Heyl Thompson, this office flourished until George E. Edkins moved to Oaklyn, NJ, and withdrew from the firm. The younger partners continued the strong ecclesiastical design practice which Watson had so successfully led since the early 1880s. Although Watson had come out of a firm specializing in Catholic church design, this younger firm often turned to Episcopalian churches for their work, but also provided the plans for schools (Upper Chicheser Township grade school, Twin Oaks, PA, 1928).
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.