Harvey T. Hauer was born in Lebanon, PA, and for many years maintained an architectural practice there. He matriculated with the Class of 1896 at the University of Pennsylvania and received the year's prize membership to the T-Square Club in 1893; however, he did not graduate from the University. By 1895 he was employed by the firm of Rankin & Kellogg, but by 1910 he and John H. Mowere had established a partnership under the name of Hauer & Mowere. By 1917, the year in which Hauer & Mowere was dissolved, Hauer was maintaining simultaneous offices at 8th & Cumberland streets, in Lebanon, PA, and at 3110 Columbia Avenue in Philadelphia. He dissappears from the Philadelphia city directories in 1925, and at the time of his death was residing in Lebanon, PA. In addition to his membership in the T-Square Club, Hauer maintained an interest in the Columbia Photographic Society. He was also, according to the America Art Annual (1904/05) a worker and teacher in applied arts.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- T-Square Club
- Columbia Photographic Society
- University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.