According to his obituary, Alfred Green received his training in architecture at the Beaux Arts Institute of Design in Philadelphia, probably through the T-Square Club. By 1917 he is listed in the Philadelphia city directories as an architect; an by December 1923 he has joined Byron H. Edwards in Edwards & Green, an affiliation which continued at least through 1958. In 1928 Edwards & Green moved their offices to Camden, NJ, where Green supervised the construction of the Camden County Courthouse.
Green was registered to practice in Pennsylvania in 1922 and in New Jersey in 1923. He joined the national AIA in 1944 and was also a member of its New Jersey Chapter. While in New Jersey, he also served as president of the New Jersey Board of Architects.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Beaux Arts Institute of Design
- New Jersey Chapter (AIA)
- New Jersey Board of Architects
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2022 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2022 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.