Born in White Sulphur Springs, WV, G. Wesley Stickle studied with Fred Hirons in Pittsburgh before establishing his own office in Erie, PA. By the 1920s he was associated with Fuller & Stickle in Erie, and he remains an Erie architect through 1945/46 at least (although he notes in the 1945/46 Annuary that he belongs to the Cleveland Chapter, AIA). In 1946 he established Stickle, Kelly, Stickle in Cleveland, OH, including his son Robert W. Stickle, a 1941 graduate of Catholic University. By 1950 this office had reorganized as Stickle & Associates.
Throughout his career Stickle's work emphasized Catholic projects, including churches and (in the Philadelphia area) large schools.
Stickle joined the AIA in 1921.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Erie Chapter (AIA); Cleveland Chapter (AIA)
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.