Born in White Plains to J. Henry and Henrietta S. Neale, Edwin A. Neale earned his B.A. at Amherst College in 1930 and then earned architectural training at Columbia University (B. Arch, 1934). There followed a long period of work for various offices, including P. B. Nichols, White Plains(1934-1935), G. M. Malcolm, (1935-1936), Polhemus & Coffin, New York City (1936), Joseph W. Bailey (1936), Stevenson & Studds, New York City (1936), McKim, Mead & White, (1936-1938?), Schultze & Weaver (1938), Alfred Hopkins & Associates (1938), Corbett & Meyers (1938-1939). In 1939 he established his own office, eventually settling in Jenkintown, PA.
AIA Membership, 1950; Transfer from Philadelphia to Bucks County Chapter, 1963.
Sandra L. Tatman, and
Emily T. Cooperman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- Pennsylvania Society of Architects
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- Bucks County Chapter, AIA
- Columbia University
- Amherst College
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.