Born in London, England, Maurice Fletcher studied architecture at the University of Pennsylvania, completing a B. S. Arch. in 1917. In that same year he was also part of the hull design division at the U. S. Navy Yard in Philadelphia. After completing his degree he joined the office of Tilden, Register & Pepper. He remained with the successor firm, Tilden & Pepper, and became a partner of George Wharton Pepper, Jr. after he left to establish his own office in 1940. Fletcher remained with that office (renamed Pepper Associates after George Pepper's death in 1950), until 1952, when he established an office in Philadelphia under his own name. He had retired by 1970.
Fletcher joined the national AIA in 1945. Fletcher was a member of the Philadelphia Chapter, and had been named to emeritus status by 1970.
Sandra L. Tatman, and
Emily T. Cooperman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- University of Pennsylvania
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.