Frederick H. Drake appears in the Philadelphia city directories consistently from 1872 to 1898 as either architect or draftsman. For his first appearance as a draftsman in 1872 he shares an office address (308 Walnut Street) with Frederick G. Thorn, an architect who was associated with the firm of the Wilson Bros.. Later, in 1883, when Drake's address changes to 435 Chestnut Street, that is also the address of the Wilson Bros., leading to the assumption that Drake served as an architect in that large firm for many years.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.