Robert Carson was a master builder who became a member of the Carpenters' Company prior to 1770. He is recorded as having built pews for the Third (Old Pine) Presbyterian Church of 1768. During the American Revolution, English soldiers utilized the church as a hospitals and used the pews for firewood.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- Carpenters' Company of Philadelphia
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2021 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2021 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.