John Cooper was a master builder elected to The Carpenters' Company in 1785. John Cooper was proposed for the Carpenters’ Company by John King. It is certain that a carpenter named John Cooper lived at 133 Pine street from 1791 until his death in the beginning of the 19th century. In the 1804 City Directory, his widow Jane is listed as living at their house on Pine street. The 1779 tax in Southwark includes a John Cooper taxed at 1 pound but it cannot be determined if this is the same John Cooper who was a member of the Carpenters’ Company.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- Carpenters' Company of Philadelphia
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.