The firm of Savery, Scheetz & Gilmour traced its beginnings to the practice of Addison Hutton, but the name of the firm was derived from the assocation of William Cramp Scheetz, Sr. and Albert H. Savery, first formed in 1897. By 1904, Hutton formed a partnership with his nephews Albert and Addison Hutton Savery in a firm called Savery, Scheetz & Savery. By 1915, the name had been shortened to Savery & Scheetz. In 1927, Douglas Wilkinson Gilmour joined the firm and was made a partner in 1937. That same year, William Cramp Scheetz, Jr. joined the practice. It is not certain when he was made a full partner, but this may have taken place around the time of the elder Scheetz's death in 1945. Savery, Scheetz & Gilmour continued until 1958, when Douglas Gilmour left to establish a separate partnership. The younger Scheetz continued the practice of the firm under his own name until his retirement in 1980.
Emily T. Cooperman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.