Born in Chester, PA, Harry Hatton Phillips graduated from Northeast High School and then gained his architectural training at the Spring Garden Institute and the Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art. He worked for a series of architects in Philadelphia and New Jersey: Ballinger & Perrot; John T. Windrim; Arnold H. Moses; J. Vaughan Matthis, Atlantic City; Edwards & Green, Camden; and the Ballinger Co., where he served as squad boss. In 1958 he announced that he was opening his own practice in Phialdelphia after some 30 years with the Ballinger firms.
Phillips joined the national AIA in 1949 and became an emeritus member in 1971.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art
- Spring Garden Institute
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.