This office was established by Alfred Clauss and George Daub while both were members of the Howe & Lescaze firm in New York. The young architects embraced the recently-named International Style and gained several commissions through their connections to Philip Johnson, co-curator for the International Style exhibition at the Museum of Modern Art. After a hiatus of several years, the partners resumed their work in 1945 after Clauss returned from Tennessee.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.