[Photograph of R. Bishop and N. Montgomery] Montgomery & Bishop Collection, Architectural Archives, University of Pennsylvania. Local ID #: aaup.060.45
Newcomb Montgomery and Robert Bishop formed a partnership in 1952. Like many of their contemporaries, "group housing" for both private and public clients was an important aspect of Montgomery & Bishop's work into the 1960s. Their work included a broad range of projects, many of which were informed by their social concerns. Among their most visible buildings is the colorful and engaging Philadelphia Public Health Building on South Broad Street. Montgomery & Bishop were joined by C. Treat Arnold in 1962, when they formed Montgomery, Bishop & Arnold.
Emily T. Cooperman.
Biographical Note - Montgomery and Bishop:Architects, Philadelphia, 1952
140 North 17th Street, Philadelphia "The firm of Montgomery and Bishop was established in 1952."