Born in Italy, Antonio Di Nardo came to the United States in 1895. He received his architectural education through the University of Pennsylvania and the Beaux Arts Institute of Design in Philadelphia, winning the Stewardson Scholarship in 1910 with his design for "The Casino of a Country Club." In 1915 Di Nardo and Charles L. Bolton associated on a competitive design for the Brickbuilder competition for "A Small Brick Church at San Francisco." Following graduation, DiNardo also undertook a employment with several Philadelphia offices, including Duhring, Okie & Ziegler, Cope & Stewardson, and Paul P. Cret before moving to New York, where he worked for Arnold Brunner. By 1921 he had moved to Cleveland, and there he remained for most of the rest of his career, engaging in an independent practice as well as working as an architectural educator at the Carnegie Institute of Technology and Western Reserve University (Cleveland).
A respected designer of churches and residences in the Cleveland area, Di Nardo also designed the Transportation Building for the Great Lakes Exposition of 1937.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- University of Pennsylvania
- Carnegie Institute of Technology
- Western Reserve University
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2022 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2022 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.