This office was established when Martin & Kirkpatrick was joined by senior architect Walter H. Thomas, with whom the younger architects had worked in his former firm Thomas, Churchman & Molitor. The office flourished until Donald M. Kirkpatrick was once again lured to Europe in pursuit of his other love, printmaking (specifically etching).
Like many Philadelphia firms of the time, Thomas, Martin & Kirkpatrick contributed a number of country house designs to the area; but the office also designed several churches (First Presbyterian, Ardmore, PA, 1922; Grace Lutheran Church, Drexel Hill, PA, 1925; Emmanual Lutheran Church, 54th and Christian streets, Philadelphia, 1928).
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.