Eugene A. Stopper attended a technical college in Stuttgart, Germany, from 1904 to 1908 and then came to the United States, where he lists himself in the Philadelphia city directories as an architect beginning in 1914. According to his 1946 "Roster" in the Archives of the American Institute of Architects, he supervised the drafting room of Philip Merz in Philadelphia from 1917 to 1919 before launching his own firm in 1919, specializing in institutional, industrial and commercial work. He continued to be listed in the Philadelphia telephone directories as an architect through 1948, working in partnership with Alfred Clauss, David H. Morgan and S. Kendrick Lichty during the 1940s.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.