William O. Frank, son of Herman and Pauline Frank, was born in Philadelphia and graduated from Northeast High School in 1904. by 1906 he had entered the firm headed by Henry D. Dagit, where he remained through 1907, taking evening classes at Drexel Institute in architectural subjects at the same time. In 1908 he moved to the office of Horace Trumbauer, with whom he continued for the rest of his career. Along with Julian Abele, Frank would maintain the firm after Trumbauer's death in 1938, when the office became known as "Office of Horace Trumbauer/Julian Abele - William O. Frank, registered architects." In 1950, when Abele died, the name of the office was changed to indicate the partnership of Frank's son, W. Edward.
Frank was a member of the AIA. He also maintained memberships in the Lulu Temple Shrine and the Free and Accepted Masons of Pennsylvania.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- Lulu Temple
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2017 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2017 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.