Stanley K. Neubauer was born in Philadelphia and received his early education at the Northeast Manual Training School. He graduated from the University of Pennsylvania in 1914 with his B.S. in Architecture and by 1916 had already established an architectural firm with Paul L. Boyd under the name Neubauer & Boyd. This firm was rather short-lived, and by 1917/18 Neubauer was working independently. From 1920 to 1926 he operated under the name Neubauer & Supowitz, with partner David Supowitz, who laer became best known for his theatre designs. By the end of the 1920s, however, this office had also dissolved; and Neubauer had returned to independent practice. Most of Neubauer's work relies upon industrial and commercial commissions.
Sandra L. Tatman.
- University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.