Established by architects William L. Price and M. Hawley McLanahan in 1903, Price & McLanahan initially occupied an office at 731 Walnut Street. M. Hawley McLanahan continued to use the name after Price's death in 1916 but changed the firm name to McLanahan & Bencker in 1920 to acknowledge the design work of Ralph Bencker.
Although Price & McLanahan continued the arts and crafts focus associated with William L. Price, the office also undertook larger projects such as the hotels which were designed for Atlantic City, NJ (Blenheim and Traymore Hotels, 1905-06 and 1906, 1914-15, respectively).
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.