Son of Dr. William and Rebecca (Hutton) Savery and nephew to Philadelphia architect Addison Hutton, Addison H. Savery was born in Bryn Mawr, PA, and attended Westtown Friends School (beginning November, 1882) before entering his uncle's architectural office in June, 1890, thus beginning an association which would continue for the remainder of Addison Hutton's life. Savery's first period with the Hutton firm continued through May, 1890; but then he was loaned to Walter Smedley for six months. He returned to Hutton in January, 1895, and remained with the Hutton firm through 1904, formally associating with his older brother, Albert H. Savery and friend William Cramp Scheetz, Sr. in 1904, and revising their office name to Savery, Scheetz & Savery. Even though this was a successful and longterm arrangement, Addison Savery nonetheless designed several independent projects, including the Women's Club of Swarthmore, PA
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- T-Square Club
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2019 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2019 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.