Walter H. Geissinger and Edward M. Hales established this firm in the late 1880s. (The first Philadelphia Real Estate Record and Builders Guide reference occurs in 1887.) According to Illustrated Philadelphia: Its Wealth and Industries (p. 249): "Many of their buildings are greatly admired by experts for their stability and elegance, while the elaboration of detail and care bestowed upon every department of their work, reflect the utmost credit on this reliable firm." Geissinger & Hales designed and constructed a number of the factories and mills which brought industrial wealth to Philadelphia.
The firm continued until 1894, when Geissinger retired, to be replaced by Walter F. Ballinger in the successor firm of Hales & Ballinger.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2021 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2021 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.