Citations for Frederick A. Havens Company appear in the Philadelphia Real Estate Record and Builders Guide from 1905 through 1934. The office in 1920 was located at 845 North 19th Street in Philadelphia. Owner of this company was Frederick A. Havens, son of Lewis Havens, who had also operated a building and contracting enterprise. Frederick A. Havens had been partner in Lewis Havens Sons in the 1901 Philadelphia city directory; however, around 1905 both he and his brother Herbert E. Havens had launched competing building and contracting enterprises. In this competition it appears that Frederick A. Havens outlasted his brother since the Herbert E. Havens Company soon disappears from Philadelphia city directories.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2024 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2024 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.