George C. Johnson attended Friends Central School and the Drexel Institute. He worked for Horace Trumbauer for some 25 years; there he was in charge of supervising details, specifications and the superintendence of projects. From 1937 to 1939 Johnson served as assistant architect with the Pennsylvania State General State Authority.
Johnson was a member of the T-Square Club and joined the AIA in 1945, reaching emeritus status in 1962.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- T-Square Club
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.