Valentine B. Lee studied at the Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art during the school year 18990/91. By 1898 he is listed as an architect in the Philadelphia city directories, and his address appears as Oak Lane Station, a neighborhood which he was instrumental in developing. His first office address in Center City Philadelphia is noted in 1909, when he is located at 929 Chestnut Street, the same office address as that given for Wilson Eyre, for whom it appears he worked from 1908 to 1930 at least. The only independent partnership documented for Lee is his association with Edwin Fetterolf in the firm of Lee & Fetterolf (1910-1912).
Sandra L. Tatman.
- Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.