Established by Louis Skidmore, Nathaniel Owings, and John O. Merrill in 1936, this international office dominated the design of both corporate and urban centers. Led in design by Gordon Bunshaft, the firm offered an American approach to Miesian design and contributed several buildings to Philadelphia and its surrounds. Furthermore, the impact of the office is also revealed in Philadelphia by the work of SOM alumnus Vincent Kling.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2020 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2020 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.