National Park Service architect Charles W. Lessig was born in Reading, PA, and earned his B. of Architecture at the University of Pennsylvania in 1929. He then worked for Zantzinger, Borie & Medary from 1930 to 1933 and for Paul P. Cret from 1939 to 1940. In 1941 he undertook employment with the National Park Service; and although he organized an independent office in 1948, he remained with the Park Service through 1955. Thereafter, his architectural office was located in Hyattsville, MD, and most of his design commissions concentrated in that area.
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Washington-Metropolitan Chapter (AIA)
- University of Pennsylvania
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2017 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2017 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.