Abraham Levy was born in Philadelphia, the son of Anna and Morris Levy. He graduated from Central High School in Philadelphia in 1916 and from the University of Pennsylvania with his B.S. in Architecture in 1920. From 1920 to 1923 he worked with his elder brother, architect David Levy, in Philadelphia and in 1925 joined his fellow Penn classmate Edwin H. Silverman in Silverman & Levy. Among the firm's most notable patrons were Levy's brother and sister-in-law, Dr. Leon and Blanche P. Levy--the noted philanthropists. In 1949 Abraham Levy established an individual practice which endured until 1978.
He joined the AIA in 1930 and received emeritus status in 1970. He was registered to practice in Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
William Whitaker, and
Sandra L. Tatman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- Locust Club
- University of Pennsylvania
- Central High School
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.