Prominent Cleveland, OH architect and Philadelphia native Munroe Walker Copper, Jr., studied at the Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art before enrolling at the University of Pennsylvania, where he left in 1920 without completing a degree. Copper worked in several Philadelphia offices in the 1910s: Wesley Lesher Blithe, Duhring, Okie & Ziegler, and Hewitt & Ash. After leaving Penn, Copper moved to Cleveland, where he found employment in the office of Walker & Weeks and then with Howell & Thomas before establishing his first partnership in 1923. Among the firms with which Copper was associated were: Dunn & Copper; Copper, Wade & Associates; Copper, Wade & Copper (with his son Craig Copper); and Copper, Wade, Copper & Raynes.
Copper joined the national AIA in 1926 and was named to the College of Fellows in 1951. He was a member of the Cleveland Chapter, serving as treasurer in 1930.
Emily T. Cooperman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Cleveland Chapter AIA
- University of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Museum and School of Industrial Art
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.