Charles DuBose was born in Savannah, GA and received his architectural training at the Georgia School of Technology, where he completed a B. S. Arch. in 1929, and at the University of Pennsylvania, where he earned an M. Arch. in 1930. He was awarded the Paul P. Cret graduate fellowship, and was an instructor in design during his graduate year. DuBose also studied at the Fontainebleau School of Fine Arts in 1930, and was a finalist for the Rome Prize in 1931. DuBose worked in the office of Paul P. Cret in 1932, and for the Philadelphia City Planning Commission in 1933. In 1936 he opened his own office, which continued until 1948, when he found work in the Newark, NJ office of Frank Grad & Sons. In 1958, DuBose opened an office in Hartford, CT.
DuBose joined the national AIA in 1942 and was named to the College of Fellows in 1964. He was a member of the New York Chapter and then of the Connecticut Society of Architects.
Emily T. Cooperman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- New York Chapter AIA
- Connecticut Society of Architects
- University of Pennsylvania
- Fontainebleau School of Fine Arts
- Georgia School of Technology
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2017 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2017 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.