Baltimore, MD native James R. Edmunds, Jr. attended Boys Latin School in that city before studying architecture at the University of Pennsylvania, where he completed a B. S. in Arch. in 1912. He returned to Baltimore to practice. By 1920 he was working in the office of Joseph Evans Sperry, where he became a partner in 1923 and succeed Sperry in the office at the older architect's death in 1930. Subsequently he continued the work of the office in association with Herbert G. Crisp, with the formal partnership of Crisp & Edmunds established in 1936. Eventually he was joined by his son, James R. Edmunds, III.
Edmunds joined the AIA in 1921.
Sandra L. Tatman, and
Emily T. Cooperman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Undine Barge Club
- Baltimore Chapter, AIA
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.