Earle W. Bolton, Jr. was born in Oswego, NY, and received a B.Arch. from Cornell University College of Architecture in 1927. He began his Philadelphia career as the office manager in the office of Howe & Lescaze (1929-32). During World War II, Bolton served with the compliance division of the War Products Board, and with the Port Security Force of the U.S. Coast Guard. In 1946, he formed a partnership with Briton Martin and Theo White, which endured until 1954 when Bolton left to practice independently. He continued to work at 1610 Latimer Street in Philadelphia until 1970. He joined the national AIA in 1942, and was a member of the Philadelphia Chapter of the AIA as well as the Pennsylvania Society of Architects. Bolton was a member of the board of directors of the Bryn Mawr Civic Association between 1957 and 1959.
Emily T. Cooperman.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
- Pennsylvania Society of Architects
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Philadelphia Chapter, AIA
- Print Club
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.