Edward H. Glidden, Jr., was born in Baltimore, MD, the son of architect Edward H. Glidden, Sr.
and Pauline Boucher Hughes. He graduated from the Baltimore Polytechic School and then spent two years at the University of Pennsylvania (1925), having already worked for Hobart B. Upjohn
and his father's Baltimore office beginning in 1923. He remained with the loosely formed partnership at least until 1927, and then continued with his father. After his father's death in May 1924, the younger Glidden remained in the firm, eventually changing the name to reflect his own and then retiring in 1967. Glidden designed a number of Baltimore area schools, as well as the Lexington Market, Baltimore National Bank, the Kiswick Home for Incurables, and buildings at Frostburg State College and Villa Maria.
In 1934 Glidden became an associate member of the AIA, but later achieved full membership and was granted emeritus status in 1969.
Others: Honors: Certificate of Merit, Baltimore Association of Commerce, 1939, Home for Incurables of Baltimore.