Although chiefly known as a Pittsburgh architect, Maximilian Nirdlinger was part of the office of Furness & Evans from 1897 to 1899. While there he designed the Farmer's Deposit National Bank on Fourth Avenue in Pittsburgh, perhaps the project which provided him with an entrance into Pittsburgh's architectural community. By 1903 he is listed as working independently in Pittsburgh in Hendrick's Commercial Register, but by 1905 in Hendricks his listing has changed to Nirdlinger & Simpson, with offices at 331 Fourth Avenue. Several other office association ensued, but Nirdlinger often operated independently as well.
Clubs and Membership Organizations
Links to Other Resources
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2018 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2018 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.