New York and Brooklyn church architect Henry M. Congdon was a product of Columbia College, where he gaduated in 1854. His office training came from John W. Priest and Emlen T. Littell, but after 1860 he chiefly worked independently. From 1901 until his death in 1922 Congdon worked with his son in Henry M. Congdon & Son.
In the Philadelphia area, Congdon was responsible for St. Luke's Church in Germantown (1874-1875) and for St. Luke's, Lebanon, PA (1879-1880), Calvary Church and Parish House, Summit, NJ (1893-1896), and St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Philipsburg, PA (1911-1915; Henry M. Congdon & Son).
Sandra L. Tatman.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2023 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2023 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.