- Ames, Kenneth. "Robert Mills and the Philadelphia Row House, Journal of the Society of Architectural Historians 27 (May, 1968): 140-146.
- "Letter from Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, July 17, 1793," cited in Thomas Jefferson and the National Capital. Washington, DC: 1946, p. 180-186.
- "Minutes of the Carpenters Company of the City and County of Philadelphia" (in the collections
of the American Philosophical Society)
Moss, Roger W. "Master Builders, A History of the Colonial Philadelphia Building Trades. Ph.D. dissertation, University of Delaware, 1972.
Nationa1 Cyclopedia of American Biography Clifton, N.J.: J. T. White, 1918, v.l6, p.55.
- Obituary: Poulson's American Daily Advertiser (28 July 1830), p.3.
- Pennsylvania Packet (5 February 1784).
- Peterson, Charles E. Building Early America: Contributions toward the History of a Great Industry: The Carpenters' Company of the City and County of Philadelphia. Radnor, Pa. : Chilton Book Co., c1976, p.203-04.
Philadelphia Museum of Art. Two Centuries of Philadelphia Architectural Drawingsed. by James Massey. Philadelphia: 1964, p. 15-16.
- St. Andrew's Society of Philadelphia. An Historical Catalogue of the St. Andrew's Society of Philadelphia, with Biographical Sketches of Deceased Members.... Philadelphia : Printed for the Society, 1907-1937, v.2 , 64-65.
Portrait of Thomas Carstairs,
Athenaeum of Philadelphia
- General Collection - Museum Collection
Quantity: 1 Item
- Library Company of Philadelphia.
Philadelphia Architects and Buildings |
Participating Institutions |
Website and System: Copyright © 2021 by The Athenaeum of Philadelphia.
Data and Images: Copyright © 2021 by various contributing institutions. Used by permission.
All rights reserved.